Re: validator.w3.org and XHTML

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> That seems like a separate issue unless you think there is no problem
> if the validator gets text/html content that contains <title/> instead
> of <title></title>.
I suspect the theoretical case Shane mentioned is this:

One XHTML document, its a bit rubbish since it has no title (just <title/>).

Validator comes along, gets the XHTML as application/xhtml+xml.

All valid, and HTML compatibility not a consideration (since it isn't
text/html).

Along comes Internet Explorer and the same document is served up as
text/html because the admin has detected to use User Agent sniffing.