Re: validator.w3.org and XHTML

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 10:55:41 -0500
Cc: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>, www-validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>

Hi Shane, all.

On 8-Dec-08, at 10:46 AM, Shane McCarron wrote:
(about) http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2008/ED-xhtml-media-types-20081126/
> The whole document is an informative section.  There is nothing
> normative in it.  It is a (draft) Note.

That does not tell me whether or not it is OK to have a tool like the
markup validator output "info" (or warning) statements based on this
information, given that they address a very real and practical problem.

> And Olivier - it has NOT been published as a Note.  We are still
> editing.  Once it has been published, we will let you know.

OK, got confused by W3C Note 26 November 2008. You might want to s/
Note/Editor's DRAFT/ or something.

Thanks.
--
olivier