Re: Javascript "for" Statement and AJAX "Query String"

On 25 Apr 2008, at 22:20, Yotam Haran wrote:

> It seems that the validator insists on reading the "for" statement
> I've got in my javascript as HTML, and it throws out an amazing
> amount of errors because of it. Can't something be done about it? As
> long as the problem persists, I can't get my page validated properly.
>
> EXAMPLE URL: http://innovative.mithraslive.com?action=profile&user=dogmona

This is correct behaviour on the part of the validator. Since your
XHTML is masquerading as HTML, see http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#C_4

> As for the AJAX problem, the string that I send out to the server
> includes ampersands in it, and the validator throws out errors about
> it too.

Same issue.

> Isn't it possible to make the validator somehow ignore ampersands
> inside javascript tags, seeing as they're often used for various
> syntax purposes?

It is theoretically possible, but the point of the validator is to
find validity errors, not cover them up.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/