Re: please add Accept header to http request containing application/xhtml+xml

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:38:50 +0200
Etienne Miret wrote:

> Frank Ellermann a écrit :
> > There simply are no HTTP servers for ordinary users allowing to
> > upload .htaccess files, and there are no HTTP servers getting
> > it right without manual intervention.  Some days ago I was very
> > excited when googlepages allowed me to upload a .htaccess file,
> > not the usual "forbidden name" blurb, but it turned out that it
> > simply stripped the dot and ignored the content... :-(
> I'm very surprise by this. I've never used payed Web hosting, so I
> have only a limited view of what is available, but as far as I'm
> concerned, I'm using three different Web servers, and all allow
> .htaccess files.

But i bet you put them all onto the server using the FTP protocol.
The email you replied too above states you cannot upload a .htaccess
using HTTP protocol for the transfer without errors. At least that is
how i read it.

[snip]

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416