Re: please add Accept header to http request containing application/xhtml+xml

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Etienne Miret <elimerl@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Alexandre Alapetite wrote:
>
> > The following algorithm does not require any user agent sniffing, is
> > not that dirty, and works with all user agents I have been able to put
> > my hands on (including W3C validator):
> >
>  Well, if I'm correct, Nikita The Spider sends an Accept header of "*/*",
> and with this algorithm, you would send it HTML although it is very able to
> handle XHTML.

You are correct about Nikita, and she sees very few pages with a media
type other than "text/html":
http://NikitaTheSpider.com/articles/ByTheNumbers/#MediaTypes

As I say in the article, I speculate that the Accept header of */* is
part of the reason why.

--
Philip
http://NikitaTheSpider.com/