installing validator on windows xp

From: Dean Edridge <dean@55.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 23:54:36 +1200
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hello,

I am having some problems installing the validator(v0.81) on windows XP.

I think I have every thing (including Apache) installed correctly except
the required perl modules. I have used the
http://www.myhpi.de/~dtibbe/download/ppm.zip and unzipped them to
C:\www\ppm but for some reason when I open up the GUI and go through the
"preferences dialogue (Edit -> Preferences ->  Repositories)..." steps
it does not seem to install each of the pm modules. After several
attempts I ended up browsing to the validator page and clicked "Check"
but got the obvious errors. I found I was able to manually add some of
the modules based on the error messages, but this only worked for some
of them.

I wonder if there is some thing obvious that I have missed here or if
there is perhaps another/better method of installing the modules?
Any one on the list here have any tips for this windows install?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

--
Dean Edridge