Re: [VE][70] closing meta with /> in XHTML

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:32:03 +0900
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Eduard Hess <info@multimedianet.de>

Hi Eduard,

On Sep 8, 2007, at 07:24 , Eduard Hess wrote:

> Please help me, Idont understand, what is wrong.
>
> Validating http://www.multimedianet.de/
> Error [70]: "end tag for X omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified"

Please read the error explanation just under the error message. It says:
[[ You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to
"self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">". ]]

In other words, the meta element in XHTML must end with the />
construct.

If this way of writing HTML particular to XHTML is alien to you, you
may also prefer to sticking with a document type such as HTML 4.01:
http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html

Regards,
--
olivier