Re: Feedback on WWW Validator

Hi Dan,

On Sep 9, 2007, at 09:39 , Dan Short wrote:
> The Validator should allow any type of text, including HTML tags,
> between <textarea> and </textarea> on a form.

Others have already commented on the fact that this was actually
incorrect, but I am curious whether there was any particular book or
site where you would have seen this claim? We received quite a few
messages recently "complaining" that the validator supposedly should
allow such constructs, and I am starting to wonder if a prominent
site or book isn't responsible for spreading this.

Thank you.
--
olivier