Re: Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) in progress

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 17:08:44 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org
Cc: discuss@apps.ietf.org

Najib Tounsi wrote in <www-international.w3.org>:
> FYI. Good News

There's a catch, compare

Which document types actually allow "unencoded" IRIs ?
For the purpose of the IDN test wiki "atom" won't do.

As long as the W3C validator can't check URI attribute
the "good news" is a future interoperability nightmare,

 Frank (copy to the validator list)
Repost replacing W3C I18N by IETF Apps, for unknown
reasons I can't post anymore on the W3C I18N list: