Re: Trouble compiling SGML::Parser::OpenSP for W3C Validator

On Thursday 25 October 2007, Andrew Bate wrote:

> I am having a real game trying to get a local copy of the W3C
> Validator installed on a CentOS box here.  I've followed the
> instructions a couple of times and it always fails on one step.
[...]
> I've installed OpenSP 1.5.2 previously and it's just this one step in
> the docs that always fails.

How did you install OpenSP?  From the CentOS 5 rpm?  If yes, you'll need the
opensp-devel package to build SGML-Parser-OpenSP.  If not, make sure that
your libosp.so.5 is installed in a library dir from where Perl searches
shared libraries from (usually /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib) and that you've
run /sbin/ldconfig after installing it.