Re: Some suggestions for the SOAP api

Hi Chris,

Yes, we're on the same wave length (literally translated from french ;-) )
Well, almost actually, since I'm not really ok for the
<m:explanationparagraphtext> elementS for they're superfluous imho.

I mean the explanation (in it's html format) is ONE entity by itself
and I'm sure, the W3C will make its possible to make that
html data semantically and "syntaxically" correct, wont you? ;-)
So once we have data (that's formated in html ok, but well formated)
this can be processed.

I mean there's no harm in having html data, it's after all a format
more elaborated than raw text (since it contains some semantics :
paragraphes and lists...) but it's as elaborated as are text data to
ascii bytes representation ;-)

Another thing:

<m:explanationcontenthtml>
   CDATA with <div class="ve mid-344">...</div>
</m:explanationfeebackhtml>

I don't think that mentionning <div class=...> in this element
is that required, I could and would use my own classes and
even something other than a "div".
If the mid-344 word (phrase or something) has a "meaning",
a semantic value, then i'd suggest to make it an attribute
of the <m:explanationcontenthtml> element.
So this is my suggestion for this:

<m:explanationcontenthtml mid="344">
   CDATA **without** <div class="ve mid-344">...</div>
</m:explanationfeebackhtml>

Your idea of keeping the backward compatibility is nice too,
but I confess I've stumbled during my tests upon some urls
which have... more than 1000 erros!! no, really! more than that!

Imagine the content duplication, the size of the served response :(

So, I'd happily close my eyes about compatibility, won't you? :)

Anyone wants to keep old represenation? anyone?
See? no one wants it, lets take it off! ;-)

Thanks for your suggestions and ideas!

Cheers.

Karim
--