Re: Meta Character Encoding Not Detected

From: Andreas Prilop <aprilop2007@trashmail.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 17:55:50 +0100 (MET)
To: www-validator@w3.org

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Karl Dubost wrote:

> you have to configure apache to send nothing.

No - on the contrary, I want Apache to send a content-type that
includes a charset parameter.

> I [already showed you][1] and gave you the right configuration
                                             ^^^^^
Since you know how to set up the server software, /you/ can tell
the OP how to correctly set up his server with an appropriate
content-type.

Normally, people claim that they *cannot* change their server
settings (despite of http://www.w3.org/International/O-HTTP-charset )
and use this as an excuse.

What you propose is perverse: Messing with the server's settings
to make things *worse*.