Feed Validator service bugs

From: ryan <ryan@theryanking.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 18:08:04 -0700
To: www-validator@w3.org

I'm trying to use the feed validation service at http://
validator.w3.org/feed/, but I'm encountering a few problems–

* Pasting the contents of the feed into the form and hitting submit
gives me an error page. I've tried several feeds and always get an
error. (FWIW, I'm using Safari 2.0.4)

* The soap interface seems to likewise be broken. I tried accessing
it with the ruby library [1], but it appears to be returning python
stack traces of errors.

Other feedback:

* http://validator.w3.org/feed/docs/ references "Atom 1.1". AFAIK,
there is no such thing. There's Atom 1.0 (aka Atom Syndication) and
there's draft 11 of the Atom Publishing Protocol, but those are
different things.

-ryan

1. http://feedvalidator.rubyforge.org/