Re: Ascii as a subset

From: Dana C. Chandler III <dchandler@e-dialog.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:23:27 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org
I sent this question off recently: Is there a definitive list of
Character sets that have ASCII as  a subset?

I am looking for a way to determine if character set "foo" has US-ASCII
as a subset.  Is there a definitive list?  Or some codification of this
determination.  Some module or class I can call a method in:

var ascii_subset = Class::is_ascii_superset('some_charset');
if (ascii_subset) {
    ignore();
}
else {
    encode('utf-8','some_charset');
}

:: Dana C. Chandler III| Senior Software Engineer
:: e-Dialog | dchandler@e-dialog.com
:: 131 Hartwell Ave. | Lexington, MA 02421
:: v: 781-372-3355 | f: 781-863-8118
:: www.e-dialog.com