Re: validating XML made more difficult than necessary

On Sunday 27 May 2007, Martin Duerst wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 23:21:12 +0200, Eric Bednarz <lists@bednarz.nl> wrote:
>
> [This was quite a while ago, and I missed it, but it definitely
>  needs to be answered.]
>
> ><?xml
> >
> >Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:
> >
> >I guess you are reading XML right now.
>
> If you mean that I was just reading the XML spec for the first
> time, then you definitely guessed wrong.

I don't think he meant that.  Note that Eric's message to which you replied to
started with "<?xml" (visible also in the quoted part above) - I think he
meant that as a case where those characters at the start of a
document/file/whatever (in this case, a mail message body) don't mean that it
should be treated as an XML document.