Re: checklink: error report of Anchors and broken fragments ( again )

On Tuesday 20 March 2007, jesse wrote:
> I'm using LinkChecker online from http://validator.w3.org/checklink (
> with default option values ). The checking result for
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html32 show many empty anchors and broken
> fragments ( please see the "Result" list below ).
>
> But actually , the reported brokens ( for example "sgml: 53" ) are NOT
> a broken at all.
> What's the "list of duplicate and empty anchors" mean ? There're no
> duplicate or empty anchors at line 68 as listed.
>
> Is there any other options I must offer to get a Right result ? Or is
> it a bug in checklink ?

It is a bug in checklink, thanks for the report!  The good news it that I
managed to fix it in CVS [0] and it only affects HTML 2.x and 3.x documents.

However, I'm too thick now to understand why it resulted in what we saw in
http://validator.w3.org/checklink?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FTR%2FREC-html32
(and still see at the moment) - the conditional definition of
(the "my"-scoped!) $anchor in get_anchor() resulted in anchors always being
found by the name "intro" in this particular document.  Anyone?

[0]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/perl/modules/W3C/LinkChecker/bin/checklink.diff?r1=4.43&r2=4.44&f=h