Possible Probelem with Validator

From: Michael Strickland <mstrickland3@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:16:54 -0400 (EDT)
To: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>

The following section of code refuses to validate:

<colgroup>
	<col width="25%"></col>
	<col width="30%"></col>
	<col width="30%"></col>
</colgroup>

This is the only table on the page.

If I remove the whole colgroup, it validates fine.

If I remove just the col definitions, it validates fine.

With the col definintions in place I get the following error for each
definition:

Error  Line 141 column 23: end tag for element "COL" which is not open.

	<col width="25%"></col>

Of course the Line number changes for each error. The page appears fine
in FireFox. I can see no reason for the error other than a validator
problem.

I'll be happy to send the entire page if you like.

Later, Mike
mstrickland3@bellsouth.net
LivinWell@gmail.com
HomePage: GeorgiaNatives.net

Please send all email as text - HTML is too hard to decipher as text.