Re: [VE][127] Add Subject Here

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 21:43:21 +0000
To: George K <ff12sector@gmail.com>, www-validator@w3.org

George K wrote:
> A little something, the validator is great, but I wanted to say that it
> tells me to edit my yahoo ads code to include some specific code.
>
> This is a huge no-no for yahoo and can get a person banned from their
> network. I suggest you guys make it so whenever a person validates their
> page, that the validator ignores all ads, such as yahoo ads, or google
> ads, because they have their own codes that they supply which cannot be
> edited by any means.

The purpose of the validator is to compare a markup document against a DTD.

It would be wrong for it to claim that the markup at a given URL was
valid when that isn't true - even if the code containing the errors is
provided by someone other than the primary document author.

I don't think it would be possible to distinguish between code provided
by a third party and the primary document author anyway.

--
David Dorward                               <http://dorward.me.uk/>