Re: Problems validating XML

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 08:26:38 -0500
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
CC: Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>, www-validator@w3.org

Well.... I am personally convinced auto-detection is reliable.  However,
in the event that you do not want to include the XML PI in your XML
document (it is not required) a button would be nice too.  I am happy to
implement auto-detection AND a button.  Button would be something like:

Parsing Mode:  o  auto-detect
                        o  SGML
                        o  XML

Any thoughts on which approach is preferable?