Re: Problems validating XML

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:34:28 +0900
Cc: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>, www-validator@w3.org
To: Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>

On May 31, 2007, at 10:53 , Martin Duerst wrote:
> At 10:21 07/05/31, Shane McCarron wrote:
>> It would be trivial to add a checkbox to the current tree that
>> means "use the XML parser for this".  I can provide a patch for
>> that if you like.
>
> I didn't want to go there, because I think automatic detection,
> where it can sensibly be done, is better in this case

If indeed automatic detection is reliable, then I'd also prefer it
over adding another radio button to the UI. That said, I suppose that
automatic detection via the xml prolog would not work with XML
languages that omit said prolog, so maybe both implementations will
be useful in the end.

--
olivier