Re: Validator doesn't send HTTP_ACCEPT headers, "Conflict between Mime Type and Document Type" warning is incorrect.

From: Gez Lemon <gez@juicystudio.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:49:24 +0100
To: "Sierk Bornemann" <sierkb@gmx.de>
Cc: "olivier Thereaux" <ot@w3.org>, "Andries Louw Wolthuizen" <info@andrieslouw.nl>, "www-validator Community" <www-validator@w3.org>

On 31/07/07, Sierk Bornemann <sierkb@gmx.de> wrote:
> I knowingly mentioned before "*without*" asking the browser's accept
> header, Gez. :-)
> That's the brick all is about. How do you do it *without* asking the
> browser's Accept header? Hmmm?

Sorry for missing your comment about without requesting the browser's
accept header. I don't know why that's being discussed, as Olivier
mentioned checking application/xhtml+xml is not present, so you would
have to check something, otherwise you couldn't know.

Cheers,

Gez

--
Supplement your vitamins