Re: Add Subject Here

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 07:49:32 +0100
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Herman Deyette <hdeyette1@verizon.net>

On 22 Jul 2007, at 22:47, Herman Deyette wrote:
> Iím not sure I understand what the Validator is used for. Is this
> to improve web page performance or to improve search engine
> performance?
It is used to detect syntax errors in webpages (which can lead to
clients of all kinds (including browsers and search indexing bots
failing to parse them correctly or consistently, and increases
maintenance costs due to the increased difficulty in understanding
the code).

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/