Re: Charset+ISO-8859-1: Problem found

From: Jens Brueckmann <jens.brueckmann@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:01:30 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

> ... is only a paper moon.

> for content-language, for everything.
>
> Especially you cannot set the content-type with such a fake:
> http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/meta-http-equiv.1
> http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/meta-http-equiv.2

I saved both files to my harddisk and subsequently opened them in my browser.
The "content" parameter did indeed have no effect.
But the "charset" parameter did make a difference. Choosing the wrong
character encoding in example 1 lead to display of rubbish, whereas
choosing the correct character encoding lead to display of Greek
characters.

Cheers,

jens

--