Re: standalone perl module?

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:40:09 +0100
To: Struan Donald <struandonald@gmail.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

> If I understand you correctly you want to take a file on your hard
> disk and send that to the validator for validation? If so then
> WebService::Validator::HTML::W3C is probably what you want. You can
> get it from CPAN:
> http://search.cpan.org/~struan/WebService-Validator-HTML-W3C-0.17/
> ./validate.pl file.html
> should do what you want.
> If you want to actually validate a file without using a web service
> then you could have a look at HTML::Validator. I've not used it but it
> claims to do the right thing.

Thank you! It is indeed something like HTML::Validator I was after, I just
thought that if w3c is the highest authority in the html validation area ( I
might be terribly wrong here, but that's what I've thought). And thus, I
thought that the next logical step would be to create a W3C::HTML::Validator
that would contain the ultimate validation logic.

Anyway, thank you for the quick response!

--
Sincerely,

	Dmitry Karasik