standalone perl module?

From: Dmitry Karasik <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:58:25 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hello,

I've been playing with the locally installed validator, and quickly found that
it's not really convenient to validate local html pages from command line.
Actually, I can't find how it can be done in an efficient manner, because it
takes some effort to prepare GET or POST request just to trick CGI.pm into
thinking that it runs from under apache ( and I can't find a commandline tool
either).

I think that it could be a good idea to move the validation-specific code into
a separate perl module, which in turn could be used by cgi-bin/check and third
party perl code. Probably this work is already underway, or there's something I
don't know, but otherwise I can try to create W3C::Validator.pm myself, if time
permits. Could that be a useful change?

--
Sincerely,

	Dmitry Karasik