Local Validator Installation: 'no attribute' problems

From: Daniel Wiesmann <bakongo@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 15:29:09 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

I installed the validator on Fedora 4, with OpenSP 1.5.2.
My problem is that pages that validate at the official validator site
do not validate on my own validator.
There seems to be some kind of 'validator upcasing' going on. The
validator upcases all the attributes, then calls foul.

The error messages are like this:

Output is invalid (X)HTML.
   Line 3, Column 12: there is no attribute "XMLNS"
   Line 50, Column 37: there is no attribute "STYLE"
     ...h_div" style="display:none;" ></div>
   Line 59, Column 13: there is no attribute "CLASS"
   Line 68, Column 13: there is no attribute "VALIGN"
   Line 68, Column 25: there is no attribute "CLASS"
     ...align="top" class="ListLine1">
If I change my first life from 'xmlns' to 'XMLNS', I get an error,
but just on that line.

I seem to have a similar problem as those encountered here:
and here:

I have tried the solutions on those pages, to no avail.