Re: using tidy in Markup Validator

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:02:58 +0900
Cc: "Philip Taylor (Webmaster)" <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>, www-validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>

Le 8 févr. 2007 à 19:34, olivier Thereaux a écrit :
> My - limited - experience with tidy is that it has and applies its
> own markup coding style, making it a tool NOT for people who care
> greatly about what their code looks like, but these would probably
> be hostile to the idea of letting a tool clean up their code
> automatically in the first place.

plus the fact that there is not (yet) a a standard serialization of
HTML, like for XML [1].
If we had one, it would be always possible to have filters from
canonized HTML to your own style, that would be only a question of
filters.

[1]: Exclusive XML Canonicalization, Version 1.0
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-exc-c14n/

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***