Re: HTML Validator freezes - then gets internal server error

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:47:22 +0900
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: Fred <tlvp@att.net>

Hello,

On Aug 18, 2007, at 12:48 , The Lintons' Video Press wrote:

> Same freeze / server error message upon trying to validate
>
> http://b.mikolajewska.home.att.net/booknook/Mahabharata/Opow-01.htm .

Thanks a lot for this report.

The bug should now be fixed, see:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2007Aug/0157.html

One note on your web pages, however, I see you use
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//PL"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
the //PL is a mistake. I assume you (if indeed you authored these
pages) changed //EN to //PL to declare that the page was in polish
language, but actually this part of the document (the doctype) should
stay the same regardless of the language.

Worth checking:
http://www.w3.org/International/tutorials/language-decl/
which has information on how to declare the language of an HTML/XHTML
web page.

regards,
--
olivier