Error message - Sorry! This document can not be checked.

From: Henry Wills \(Web-in-a-Click.com\) <henry@web-in-a-click.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 18:06:00 +0100
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
It seems that the markup validator does not like URLs of the form
dev.lateralmoney.co.uk, w3cc.co.uk or demo.web-in-a-click.com. Anything
other than www in fact.

That is a distinct disadvantage when developing a new website on a
subdomain, as the validation cannot be checked until the site goes like on
the proper domain!

In the case of w3cc.co.uk, we made a decision to drop the www when
purchasing the SSL certificate and the htaccess file makes sure every
request goes to the non-www version. That effectively means we can only
validate the source by entering the html source or uploading a static
version of the dynamic page.

Hope that small irritation can be changed on what is otherwise an excellent
tool

Thanks
Henry Wills
www.web-in-a-click.com