Version number in your tarballs.

From: Kumar Appaiah <akumar@ee.iitm.ac.in>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 15:46:14 +0000 (UTC)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Dear W3C validator team,

First of all, I would like to thank you for developing this tool which proudly
allows me to claim with proof that I am standards compliant, at least with
respect to my web pages!

I'd like to request you to consider making available a copy of the downloadable
tarball with a version number appended to it. For example, could you make the
current version's tarball validator-0.8.0.tar.gz? It would help because
automated tracking of the source version number would become easy, and detecting
a new release would be made simple. (I use Debian GNU/Linux, and the packages
page on Debian tracks the latest version of packages if the
package-<version>.tar.gz technique is adopted.)

Thanks a lot for the great work!

Kumar