Re: Slow running validator and refusal errors.

On Aug 1, 2007, at 01:17 , Ashley Richards wrote:
> Here is the error I reach when clicking any link after validation,
> including revalidating the document:
> Service Temporarily Unavailable The bwshare module will refuse your
> requests for the next 50 seconds.
> You have made too many requests per second. Apache/2.2.4 (Debian)
> mod_bwshare/0.2.0 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.4.4 mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/
> v5.8.8 Server at validator.w3.org Port 80
>

> I have noticed these problems since the "new" validator has been
> up.  Just wondering if it was a known bug/error for several people,
> or just myself.  (And no, I'm not pressing refresh manically.)

bwshare has been running for a while, even before the new validator
was up. It is supposed to only catch people being a little nervous on
the reload button, but I agree it is perhaps a bit strict- I was
caught by it by surprise a few times.

When It happens, the best you can do is leave it alone for a minute
or two.

I'll speak to our sysadmin team to tweak the bwshare parameters.

Thanks,
--
olivier