Re: Validator doesn't send HTTP_ACCEPT headers, "Conflict between Mime Type and Document Type" warning is incorrect.

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 15:02:14 +0100
To: www-validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>

On 1 Aug 2007, at 11:28, Sierk Bornemann wrote:
>> Internet Explorer 6/7 is happy with "application/xhtml+xml" as
>> long as
>> the URL ends in ".html". Some people just never get it.

> I doubt the trouth of that.

Sadly, its true. For certain content-types (I don't /think/ it is all
of the, but it could be), Internet Explorer will decide how to handle
a file based on what looks like a file extension from the URI instead
of the content-type. It is really sick and broken, and one bug that I
would really rather avoid exploiting (especially since IE isn't the
only client out that which can't handle XHTML).

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/