Re: [ANN] Beta test of the W3C Markup Validator (0.8.0 beta 1)

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:30:15 -0500
To: Sierk Bornemann <sierkb@gmx.de>
CC: "www-validator@w3.org Community" <www-validator@w3.org>

Sierk Bornemann wrote:
> Once again, I presume the validator to be a normal requesting client
> to any webserver. Following that assumption, there seems to be not one
> argument, to refuse sending a correct Accept header.

Well - since a normal client is not required to send such a header...  I
think the validator is working fine in this instance.  It would be
relatively easy for you to add a rule to serve your content in your
preferred media type when the requestor supplies no accept header.
That's what I ended up doing, and it works great.