Re: New QA weblog article: from Validator to Conformance Checker

Hi Cindy,

On Apr 21, 2007, at 00:12 , Cindy Sue Causey wrote:
> Just tried to leave a comment over at your article and received a
> "Comment Submission Error" notice that I had been posting too much in
> a short amount of time..

Unfortunately the commenting system thinks it's smarter than it
actually is.
I'll keep looking for a solution.

> A few weeks ago, recognized myself that I hadn't barely noticed that
> "support" statement during all these years I've been using the
> Validator.. That observation, though, immediately brought to mind to
> wonder how many *do* miss it and then end up posting questions on the
> various related listservs..

This is indeed a common usability/design issue. How does one make a
warning visible to those who need to see it, but not too flashy so as
not to bother those who know, yet be able to remind "those who know"
of its presence now and then. I don't know of any perfect solution,
even though some, like the ones you suggest, are not too bad.

The only real solution was "make the warning unnecessary", so that's
what we did ;)

thanks for your thoughts.

--
olivier