Re: Validating Flash files

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:08:04 +0100
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: www-validator <www-validator@w3.org>

Henri Sivonen wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2006, at 04:01, olivier Thereaux wrote:
>
>>> Which is more important: spec-wise purity or real-world accessibility?
>>> http://weblogs.macromedia.com/accessibility/archives/2005/08/in_search_of_a.cfm
>>>
>> These two are not mutually exclusive, are they?
>
> According to the data presented in the cited document, they seem to be.

If by "the cited document" you are referring to

	http://weblogs.macromedia.com/accessibility/archives/2005/08/in_search_of_a.cfm

then I sadly feel that the author(s) finds himself shot in the
foot before he ever starts.  Take a look at the page cited,
notice that it is served from Macromedia.Com, and look at the
font size at which it is  presented.  There is no evidence
whatsoever that accessibility has been given any consideration
in the presentation of this page, yet the author(s) has tacitly
accepted this whilst still feeling able to pronounce on
accessibility issues.  I cannot help but feel that Macromedia need
to do far more than pay lip-service to accessibility before they,
or their staff, are in a position to pass judgement.

Philip Taylor