Re: [VE][400] Error Message Feedback

From: Eric Bednarz <lists@bednarz.nl>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 03:11:15 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

On Fri, 19 May 2006 22:26:08 +0200, GCS <gcstanlib@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Validating Error [400]: "processing instruction does not start with name"

> What caused the warning (that should be an error)

It probably shouldn't (be an error).

> Since the original file has been replaced, I do not have a reference to
> point you to.

*Where*'s the problem then?

> Any PHP file with an include statement, renamed to an HTML extension
> should produce the same error.

No it shouldn't.  Neither does it locally with nsgmls, nor while uploading
to the W3C validation service.  A validating SGML system does not know or
care about whatever you put into processing instructions (in an otherwise
valid context).  For specific problems, provide a specific test case.