Re: Align="left|center|right|justify" is not marked deprecated in table tags.

On Sat, 20 May 2006, PlNG wrote:

> Align="left|center|right|justify" is not marked deprecated in table tags,
> The scope that I saw this was in xhtml 1.0 strict

In Strict versions, the align attribute is not allowed in <table> tag, but
you probably meant the user of this attribute in elements inside a <table>
element, such as <td>. It is allowed there even in Strict versions, for
reasons that I won't go into (and that are off-topic in this list).

Deprecation as such has no relevance in validation. When an element or
attribute has been declared as deprecated, it's just a prose statement,
and validation works by formalized rules only. In practice, elements and
attributes that have been deprecated are the same that have been dropped
out in Strict DTDs, but there are exceptions.