W3C Markup Validator vs Validome and such

From: tadeusz szewczyk I rebel:art <rebelart@onreact.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:31:39 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hello!

While cleaning up my XHTML strict on my website http://onreact.com I wanted to be very accurate. So I tested it with several validators. I was delighted to find out the W3C Markup Validator did not return any errors after I was done. Then I wanted to make sure and retested with with others like the one at Validome. It says "The Document is not valid XHTML 1.0 Strict" and that I have the following error: "Unexpected char in row 55 and column 111; this char is not allowed within charset (utf-8) that you use."

Which one is right?

I couldn't find anything useful through the search. I prefer not the mess with the charset and if the W3C Markup Validator says it's correct I tend to let it be. What do you you think?

Thank you in advance, Tadeusz Szewczyk

===>
Tadeusz Szewczyk - website optimizer
http://onreact.com