Welsh Language

From: Allan Smith <webmanager@telfordsteamrailway.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:14:25 -0000
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Perhaps slightly of topic - if so apologies and a redirect would be
appreciated

I am creating a Welsh language version of some of the pages on my site

http://www.telfordsteamrailway.co.uk/multilingua/welsh/index.shtml

I use charset=iso-8859-1 , but this has a number of accented and special
characters missing

Any advice on a better charset, or how to achieve the special characters for
Welsh

Missing:

W circumflex (W^)
w circumflex (w^)
Y circumflex (Y^)
y circumflex (y^)

And if we really wanted to get clever some of the double consonants

I have heard perhaps latin-8, how well is that supported by browsers?

Or UTF-8?

Allan Smith

Telford Steam Railway