Validator can't connect problem

From: Mark Mower <Mark.mower@write-image.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:01:49 -0000
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Hi

I have recently installed the W3C Validator service on a Fedora 4
server.

I am able now to validate uploaded files or by typing in HTML text.

When I try and validate a Uri I get the following error message (I
tested by validating www.gogole.com)

500 Can't connect to www.google.com:80 (Bad hostname 'www.Google.com')

I have also then tried with the IP address and I get permission denied
instead of Bad hostname.

I have tested also with localhost and get the same error message.

I have tested internet connection and DNS entries and are able to
resolve DNS and also able to connect with browser.

I have also disabled IPtables to see if it was a firewall issue but
still have the problem.

Does anyone have an idea as to why I get this error message?

Many thanks

Kind regards

Mark...

Mark Mower | Technical Account Manager

Write Image Ltd | 271 Regent Street, London, W1B 2BP, United Kingdom
p: +44 (0)20 7959 5596 | e: mark.mower@write-image.co.uk
<mailto:mark.mower@write-image.co.uk>  | w: www.write-image.com
<http://www.write-image.com/>