Re: this needs to be changed in the validator

Le 22 déc. 2006 à 23:07, David Dorward a écrit :
> On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 09:00:40AM -0500, Jasper Magick wrote:
>> I think you should add a small modification to the markup
>> validator so
>> it will call any document with a doctype of xhtml 1.1 and served as
>> text/html invalid.
> It may put it in conflict with RFC 2854, but that shouldn't stop it
> being marked as valid. Possibly it might be worth the validator
> emitting a warning, or possibly this is a job for Unicorn rather then
> the validator.

We discussed it with olivier lately. And it is something that will be
definitely checked in the future. Unicorn is a good suggestion.

btw if you would like to play with the source code
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/unicorn/

or create a checker in the language of your choice
http://www.w3.org/QA/2006/obs_framework/contract/

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***