Re: About W3C-Validator on a Apache under Windows

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 17:29:10 +0900
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
To: <akio_kitagawa@non.agilent.com> <akio_kitagawa@non.agilent.com>

Le 19 déc. 2006 à 15:59, <akio_kitagawa@non.agilent.com>
<akio_kitagawa@non.agilent.com> a écrit :
> I need ask about the local validation service on a Apache under
> Windows.

ok.

I guess you have used this
http://validator.w3.org/docs/install.html
http://validator.w3.org/docs/install_win.html

> The result is differrent !!
> 	1, Line 1 column 45: cannot generate system identifier for public
> text "-//IETF//DTD HTML//EN"

It seems a catalog problem

> We are confusing....why the result is different.
> I hope you will have some advice for me

Your local installation doesn't have the full set of DTDs.
Did you get http://validator.w3.org/sgml-lib.tar.gz

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***