Error Message Feedback: 500 EOF when chunk header expected

From: Andreas Lange <anlan@ida.liu.se>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 23:20:53 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

this regards the error message "|500 EOF when chunk header expected".

|Searching the archive only pointed to this, a request for a
reproducible url:

Here is what i tried to validate.

I've seen the same error in a Perl module here which used LWP to crawl
our pages. The error turned up after upgrading from Apache 1.3 to Apache
2.0, a fairly standard installation. General googling only turned out an
opinion that this is a bug in the libwww implementation regarding
HTTP/1.1. In our case it worked to force LWP into HTTP/1.0-mode.

       Andreas Lange