Re: Error Message Feedback

Dear Mike,

On Apr 7, 2006, at 20:58, Mikedale24@aol.com wrote:
> Please could you validate my coding on mike.freed-wings.org because i
> duno how to correct the errors you've given me

While it is certainly understandable that you find the errors given by
the validator a bit overwhelming at first, this mailing-list is not the
right place to ask others to take care of your code.

It is primarily a discussion forum on the validator, and sometimes the
community on this list helps other users understand and fix some
problems on a given site, but unless you have a precise question on a
specific error message, I don't think your request is appropriate.

Validating a page isn't obvious, and it takes a reasonable
understanding of HTML, but if you need general guidance:

- try to fix issues in order. For instance, in
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fmike.freed-wings.org
the first error is the lack of a DOCTYPE. So, see
http://validator.w3.org/docs/help.html#faq-doctype and learn how to add
a DOCTYPE.

- Then proceed to fix the other problems. Put the validator in
"verbose" mode to get as much information on every error, and read the
explanations carefully.

- You'll certainly need to read and understand
http://validator.w3.org/docs/help.html#faq-ampersand too

Then, the rest is only a matter of perseverance. It may be a bit
arduous, but you'll have a much better understanding of HTML after a
while.

Good luck.
--
olivier