Re: non-public IP addresses has been disabled

On Oct 31, 2005, at 6:52, Dave Linton wrote:
>> You can enable it: in your validator.conf, just set the "Allow
>> Private IPs" parameter to yes.
>
> I have the same problem on Mac OS X 10.3.9. I'm trying to validate
> pages on my local server before uploading them to my ISP. The
> validator is also running on my local server.
>
> I've set "Allow Private IPs = yes" as above (in
> /Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/config/validator.conf)
> but it doesn't solve the problem, even after restarting the server -
> any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

If you have installed the validator using the ADC instructions, then
the validator.conf used by the validator (and therefore the one you
should be editing) you should be editing is in /etc/w3c/, not
/Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/config/

Hope this helps.
--
olivier