Re: non-public IP addresses has been disabled

From: Dave Linton <dave.linton@hendrecoed.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 21:52:35 +0000
Cc: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
To: www-validator@w3.org

On 12 Aug 2005 07:57:43 +0900, oliver Thereaux wrote:

> On 12 Aug 2005, at 07:04, EE wrote:
> > I have the validator installed locally and I am trying to validated
> > locally installed site but I get the following error.
> >
> > Sorry, the IP address of www.xyz.com is not public. For security
> > reasons, validating resources located at non-public IP addresses
> > has been disabled in this service.
> >
> > How can I enabled this or I get rid of this error.
>
> You can enable it: in your validator.conf, just set the "Allow
> Private IPs" parameter to yes.

I have the same problem on Mac OS X 10.3.9. I'm trying to validate
pages on my local server before uploading them to my ISP. The validator
is also running on my local server.

I've set "Allow Private IPs = yes" as above (in
/Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/config/validator.conf)
but it doesn't solve the problem, even after restarting the server -
any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Adding "&debug=1&errors=1&esis=1&verbose=1" to the URL of the page I'm
attempting to check provides no extra info.

Regards

Dave
--
Dave Linton