Re: Error in validator?

Benjamin Niemann wrote:

> e.g. for an HTML or XHTML FPI the respective URI as defined
> in the specs.

Okay, here's an example extracted from xhtml11F.dtd:

| For example, if you are using XHTML 1.1 directly, use the FPI
| in the DOCTYPE declaration, with the xmlns attribute on the
| document element to identify the default namespace:
|
|  <?xml version="1.0"?>
|  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "xhtml11.dtd">

If something sees this DOCTYPE and does _not_ know XHTML 1.1
it's proably lost, because "xhtml11.dtd" is no absolute URL.

Maybe it's smart and guesses an URL based on the //W3C// part
of the FPI.  But I doubt it, and besides it won't work for less
famous organizations...

> There may be cases of document types where there is no
> 'official' URI for the FPI (HTML2.0 ??)

... <joke> ...like the IETF or RfC-editor for RfC 1866 </joke>

                            Bye, Frank