Re: Validating by Direct Input passes while URL fails

From: Jens Brueckmann <jens.brueckmann@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:34:35 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org
Cc: Will Jackson <theforcesofevil@gmail.com>

> When I enter my website (www.socialoutcry.com) into the URL checker,
> it fails and shows a message stating that a line containing only the
> phrase </div> contains a 'non SGML character number 0'.
>
> Any idea why this is and how I can make my page compliant?

The NULL character ist found at line 189 of your source:

Presumably your authoring software somehow smuggeled this character
into your source.
If this character does not show up in your source code editor for
deletion, delete the whole line and retype the </div> endtag.

Cheers,

jens
--
Jens Brueckmann