Re: What's with the Banana Peel?

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, David Dorward wrote:

> The text equivalent for something decorative could easily be
> considered to be a null string.

Indeed, but even a decorative image could have a title attribute, for
those interested in knowing what it contains.

On the other hand, _enigmatic_ images, even as decorations, might be
considered as distractions and confusing. This discussion seems to
indicate that the banana peel is somewhat enigmatic. (_I_ had not even
noticed it. But looking at it, I could not tell what it is, and even
if someone tells me it's a banana peel, I cannot tell what it _means_.
Maybe it doesn't mean anything, but why is it there then?)

The last guideline in WCAG 1.0 is:
"Guideline 14. Ensure that documents are clear and simple."