Re: [VE][62] Error Message Feedback

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:33:28 +0000
To: David Håsäther <hasather@gmail.com>
CC: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>

David Håsäther wrote:

> On 2005-11-30 17:50, Philip TAYLOR wrote:
>

>>If the language were extended to allow attributes in
>>closing tags [...]
>

> They would be completely redundant, so what would that add?

The very thing that the original poster requested : the ability
to tag closing tags (sorry, unintentional overload of "tag" here)
such that visual inspection would clearly indicate which closing
tag was meant to match which opening tag.  I see no redundancy at
all, but rather (as the original poster suggested) an elegant
enhancement of the language which would benefit those who author
HTML by hand as well as potentially improving the diagnostic
capabilities of the validator (which is why I've cc'd WWW-Validator).

Philip Taylor